1. I Can’t Believe I’m Sitting Next To A Republican: A Survival Guide for Conservatives Marooned Among the Angry, Smug, and Terminally Self-Righteous . It’s designed for conservatives who live in blue areas, but I think it will work wonders for living with a blue son and several blue friends.
2. Obama to American business – Drop Dead. There’s an old saying, “Never ascribe to evil intent that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.” Well, I’m beginning to believe no one can be this stupid so am I being paranoid when I think there’s some evil intent here?
3. David Letterman jokes about statutory rape . . . or just rape . . . who the hell can tell with this moron. And of course the target is a conservative. Well, the daughter of a conservative. More specifically the 14 year old daughter of Sarah Palin. Which is okay to liberals because well, Palin is a conservative and anything goes when it’s about conservatives. Here’s the video.
I really despise liberal men. At least the ones in power – politicians and media types. They hate women. And are the most misogynist group in the world. And liberal women? At best they just ignore them and at worse they enable them because only liberal women are worthy of respect.
Letterman is despicable. He stopped being funny a decade ago and he is still bitter over not getting The Tonight Show. Thank God he didn’t.
As an aside, the left is SCARED TO DEATH of Sarah Palin. You can smell it on them. They know that without McCain tied around her neck she will be a formidable force in 2012. And I love it.
4. Speaking of Sarah Palin. Well, not Sarah Palin really, but how Katie Couric got her butt kicked by Palin. CBS Evening News with Katie Couric is cratering in the ratings.
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams was the #1 evening newscast again last week with a more than 800,000 viewer lead over #2 World News with Charles Gibson. And with an average of 5.18M Total Viewers, the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric had its lowest viewership yet. In fact, it’s the lowest viewership since at least the 1991/92 season, as far back as Nielsen records track.
Yes, I know it’s a stretch to think that Couric’s shoddy treatment of Palin last year is the reason for her piss-poor viewership, but when you are so obviously biased that people can literally smell it coming out of their television screen every night you are going to lose conservative viewers. All who seem to be watching Fox News now, along with a boatload of Independents and a growing number of moderate Democrats.
5. Greg Gutfeld doesn’t really care about George Tiller’s murder. I have to admit I don’t either and for the same reasons. I especially liked this:
But I do have some definition of what being “pro-life” is. It goes like this: if you look at the people you love – your child, your sister, your spouse – and cannot imagine them never being born, then you’re a prolifer. But if you can imagine your loved ones never being alive – then congrats, you’re a pro choicer – and I admire your gumption. Oddly, I’ve never met a pro-choice advocate who can say she wished she’d aborted her obviously adorable child (I’m still waiting!).
Let me be clear. I do not condone this man’s murder. And the man who did it should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. But when we start giving the same – no more, because it deserves more – attention to the murder of an Army recruiter by a Islamic terrorist right here in our own country then you may get some concern from me. Until then not so much.
6. When an 11 year old boy wants to leave half-way through a Will Ferrell movie, you just know it is bad. Ferrell passed his expiration date a while back. He’s just not funny anymore and there are better people doing funnier movies now. For kids and adults.
7. The beginning of the end for private health insurance. Are you folks who voted for Obama feeling all hopeful about this change?