1. A Marine wife asks, “Life is full of mysteries, but chief among them in this Marine wife’s mind at the moment is, ‘Just how stupid does this White House think we are?” The answer is very stupid. Because he thinks all the military is stupid. And over half the American people. He KNOWS, however, that his supporters are stupid and he plays to that like a master.
2. “If you really care what you put in your body, Ruby’s is a good place for you,” says Mr. Beall, as the wait staff clears away the plates. “If you don’t care, hell, go to Hardee’s.” So says, Sandy Beall, the founder and chief executive of Ruby Tuesday’s. A restaurant we used to frequent but don’t any longer because their food really started sucking. Now the local one is out of business, which is good because even if their food is better and better for you, as is touted by Beall in this article, I wouldn’t eat there again. Why? Because that was an insulting thing to say. Yes, to Hardee’s, but also to the people who choose to eat at Hardee’s and who might have chosen to eat at Ruby Tuesday’s now and again. Look, I don’t eat at Hardee’s. I’m not sure I ever have. But when I do eat out, “caring about what I put in my body” is not high on my list. One eats out at a nice restaurant to enjoy a good meal, have a drink or two, and relax with friends or family . . . not to count calories. If you want to do that stay at home. And if you do like to eat out at a nice place, but also like a greasy (insert fast-food chain here) burger now and again, you might just try Applebee’s instead of Ruby Tuesday’s. Their baby-back ribs are great.*
3. That cowardly shooter at Fort Hood was a Islamic Jihadist, not some poor soul suffering from PTSD. The liberal media and the administration are doing their best to spin it away as anything but Islamic terrorism, but the growing evidence just does not fit that narrative. And since this guy was probably alone, without some Al Qaeda-like support system, can we now say that we may, just may, be at war with Islam. At least the much larger than people are willing to admit radical part of it? Because the sooner we admit that the safer we will be.
4. Someone wishes the Berlin Wall never fell. Perhaps this is some kind of Stockholm Syndrome thing. Or just some nutty socialist who pines for the good ole days. Whatever the reason, I’m happy to say I was one of the many American military members serving in Germany before and when the Wall came down and if my CI/AT support for the Ground Launched Cruise Missile program (and other secret squirrel stuff) helped just a tiny bit then I am very proud. I do recall though, that after the Wall fell and East Germans began migrating into West Germany, many of the West Germans complained about some of them not wanting to work and wishing for a social system that did not exist any longer. Seems that dependence has lasted longer for some than others.
5. No link needed because if you haven’t heard about it, then you have your head stuck so far down in the sand that you deserve the rectal exam the Democrats are about to give you. The putting on the rubber gloves part happened this weekend when the House passed their version of Obamacare. All Democrats and one lame-ass Republican who is more worried about his own seat than his country, but hey, that’s politics, right? Anyway, it’s not over yet, but seriously if you are not out there calling, writing, and talking to your representatives it will be soon. Do you really want the government making life and death decisions on your health care? Seriously? You’ve been that happy with what they have done so far in other, much less intrusive, parts of your life?
* Full disclosure – I do not work for Applebee’s. Nor in the restaurant business at all.