1. Just 42% of GM car owners say they will buy another GM product again. I know I won’t. It’s a foreign car or a Ford for me.
2. Voters trust Republicans more than Democrats on economic issues. Considering the mess Obama is making of our economy this is no surprise. Let’s hope it translates into the GOP taking back at least the Senate and some of the House seats. Let’s also hope it’s not too late to salvage what’s left of our economy.
3. Sarah Palin in Hannity over at Fox. (video) The left is scared of this woman which is why they keep hitting her even now eight months after the election. They should be.
4. Two American reporters are sentenced to 12 years hard labor in North Korea. I have a couple of thoughts on this. One, they are idiots. North Korea is a fricken dictatorship and you are a fool to go near it for any reason, much less to report on the bad things they do. And, two, that whole “the world is going to love us once The Won is in charge” thing isn’t working out too well, is it?
5. Still another poll . . . only 45% of Americans like the way Obama is handling federal spending and 46% the way he is handling the deficit. Yet his popularity is still very high. With Obama it’s always style over substance. Well, it got him elected. Just wait until he raises taxes and gas prices go up . . . I am pretty sure they’ll start noticing the absence of our emperor’s clothes then.
And right there, in plain print, is the beginning of medical care rationing. Now that the cameras have been put away and the media is no longer watching, their secret emerges: They are going to cut medical costs by cutting medical care. Right now, they cite four targets. They plan to:
1. Cut diagnostic imaging tests like MRIs and CAT scans.
2. Reduce the use of antibiotics.
3. Perform fewer Cesarean sections.
4. Cut care for management of chronic back pain